Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Don't Confess

May. 22nd, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Have you figured out the answer to this puzzle yet? My darling genius with a razor blade tongue, have you unlocked the secrets hidden behind my gaze? There's a gentle breeze carrying with it my thoughts as my lips graze over your warm scalp. You can cry on my shoulder, you can hold me in spasms, but don't hide your face. You can tell me more with your feelings, your raw uncensored emotions, than you ever could with meaningless words. I pray you have discovered this secret, it is the cipher you have been looking for to decode my absent behaviors. And if I change the subject abruptly, it is only because I can't confess these things myself just yet. And if I seem hard on you, I'll ask you to humor me with your forgiveness, I'm not as hard as you think I am. This is just a shell, a suit of armor worn to protect a very soft core. Understand, try to comprehend that I have to secret myself away from the whole of the world. I walk in two worlds and the flapping of my wings is the sound of a timid heartbeat. I have to protect that with a kind of calculating chess game of strategy. Time will reveal each move and with it you'll gain more and more of my pawns, of my pieces. I ask humbly that you not loose them or discard them were I cannot retrieve when you are through admiring their forms. There's time yet for you to discover all. And I may have very well given myself away altogether already to your wit. However, I'll ask you to be patient. I require time, aching as it is to be patient, know I think the world of you. Know that I do with every thought in me. So I may confuse and obfuscate, I may be revealing and then retreat in the same instant, but just like you sweet mouse, I too am trying to discover the proper answer to this puzzle and only time will afford me that revelation.

Music:Don't Confess (This Thing That Breaks My Heart) - Tegan & Sara

No comments: