Thursday, August 25, 2011

Flirtation

There is something to this process
the ability to blossom into my own being fully this time around
that I beginning to enjoy so very much.

It took devastation and ruin to pull me to a place of action last time
and now, the path is being tread already as we speak
and I find myself diving headfirst into it
without questioning where it will lead me.

I'm in my own very good hands for a while yet though.
And that is perfection in my mind right now.
Nothing to worry about but my own forward progression
towards the people that will lead me to the relationship that will last.

And I will say people
Because in all probable likelihood it will take people to bring us together.
I don't know who they are yet.
It could come out of anywhere.
The poetry hasn't been written yet-
but in time I will chronicle the passage from one heart
until the next
until I meet the one I am meant to share my own with.

And this could possibly take several beds
to help and influence the decision.
But I'm prepared to do what I must.
It'll make those moments, that lifetime,
so much sweeter when I look back to see what I had to come through
to achieve it.

Life is an adventure
and I am feeling more and more like a pirate these days.
Soon I'll have found my fill of rough seas
and violent battles
to the know the value of treasure worth questing for.

Soon the scars and tattoos and the piercings will all fade away to baubles
in the sight of a life lived rich with possibilities.

I'm through with holding back.
I'll let my heart
and my body
and my spirit guide me
and when I find the destination
it will break upon me
like an angry sun
on the fresh leaves
of a new tree.

Willing to climb
and thrive again.

No comments: