Sunday, March 28, 2010

Forty Four 03.28.10

One night spent in your arms and I limp away on sore and shaky legs. My back bears scratches that have turned to brilliant tiger stripes. The sheer skin of my chest wears marks like an octopus kissed me with its fierce tentacled embrace. My skin is tattooed by your teeth.

On my knees last night, you brandished me like a proper SWITCH. I shook so hard my eyes rattled in their sockets. Muffled screams fade into strangled moans. You bring out the Catholic School girl in me, clinging to your kisses like plaid skirts used to cling to my thighs in my youth.

I get lost inside you, the slap I didn't see coming is a tender caress. That piercing glint off your dilated pupils tells me all I need to know: I'm Yours. Own me. Fix my neck with a collar made of hickeys. Pierce my tongue with a tag bearing your number.

I am your junkyard dog and you can beat me when I get out of line. I'll guard your spare tire empire and razor wire crow's nest on blistered paws and a limping gait. I promise not to bite your hands as long as you keep feeding me, fattening me up with sweet words that tickle my cerebrum like:

"You mark up so pretty for me."
"Harder."
"Scream for me, bitch."

Other people might recoil at your fierce nothings growled sweetly in my ears, but I understand the language you speak. Call me a cunt and I'll swoon all lovestruck. Wrap me in barbed wire and I'll write you love poems with the blood off my skin. I'd rather have you swallow me whole than give me a diamonds and posies. Leave me with marks I can display like branded cattle. Give me scars for souvenirs to attest to my nights spent in the knife thrower's tent.

One night spent in your arms and I stumble away, with the taste of blood embedded in my teeth. I move slowly for my backside burns still where you struck me with your fish tail hands. Pupils shrink to pencil point flecks when I realize these marks won't last. The most brutal words you gave me last night ring in my ears like tinnitus: "I love you, I want you, forever."

No comments: